Dr Sunil P Reddy specialises in Total Joint Replacements (Knee, Hip and Shoulder) and Reconstructive arthroscopic shoulder and knee surgery.
Dr Reddy accepts workers-compensation injuries and third-party claims and strives for their optimal management and timely return to work and / or sport.
He is an ABIME (American Board of Independent Medical Examiners) certified Independent Medical Examiner and provides medico-legal services – assessments, expert-opinion and independent examination services.
Dr Sunil Reddy runs his private practice from the main practice location at East Adelaide Specialist Centre. In line with his strong commitment to provide quality and timely care to our community especially in the northern, eastern and central suburbs and Country SA, he provides regular consultations at other locations. All new referrals are usually seen within 2 weeks. Fractures and acute knee and shoulder injuries are seen within 1-2 days.
The Joint Replacement Clinic
The Joint Replacement Clinic (JRC) with Prof J Krishnan and Dr Sunil Reddy provides all South Australians (with private health insurance) a patient-centric, comprehensive and holistic joint replacement service with No-out-of-pocket expense for surgery, anaesthesia, hospital stay, rehabilitation and home care on day of admission and following discharge.
To learn more, visit the Joint Replacement Clinic website.
Sunil offers Robotic-assisted Total Knee replacements, Anterior minimally-invasive Total hip replacements and Patient-specific total shoulder replacements to all his patients. Our Practice philosophy is based on “Excellence… made accessible and affordable”and is reflected in our JRC initiative.
Fractures, acute knee and shoulder injuries
Urgent appointments for fractures and acute knee and shoulder injuries are available. Two Rapid Access Clinics are available every week, one at Dr Reddy’s Rooms on Hutt street and one at Calvary Central Districts Specialist suites.
Patients can call 08 8232 8899 or make an Appointment Request, during business hours. Referring Physicians can call Dr Sunil Reddy directly to discuss such injuries or make an appointment for their patients, including after-hours and weekends.
Surgery can be performed at a hospital convenient to you. Dr Reddy can schedule your surgery within two weeks of your consultation. He schedules fracture surgery or surgery for acute knee or shoulder injuries (when required) usually within 24-48 hours. Dr Reddy performs gap-free surgeries for all patients.
- Total shoulder replacement – Anatomic and Reverse.
- Revision shoulder surgery.
- Arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder including surgery for impingement, biceps pathology, ACJ arthritis, rotator cuff tears.
- Rotator cuff repairs.
- Surgery for shoulder instability.
- Total knee replacement.
- Revision knee replacement surgery.
- Arthroscopic surgery and Sports injuries.
- Ligament Reconstructions of the knee – ACL, PCL, Posterolateral corner injuries.
- Knee preservation surgery – including high tibial osteotomy and cartilage repair.
- Total hip replacement.
- Simple and complex injuries of upper and lower limbs.
- Management of complex proximal humerus, glenoid, scapular and clavicle fractures.
- Management of complex fractures of proximal and distal femur; proximal and distal tibia.
- Reconstructive surgery for non-unions, infected nonunions, bone loss.
- Wrist / carpal injuries including scaphoid fractures, scaphoid nonunions, peri-lunate injuries.
Dr Reddy also performs:
- Wrist arthroscopy.
- Surgery for wrist arthritis.
- Surgery for base of thumb arthritis.
- Surgery for DRUJ conditions.
- Surgery for Nerve compression syndromes of upper limb.